Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Thoughts while watching Disney's Tangled...

It's spring break week for the local public schools, so I treated my oldest to a movie, namely Tangled. While I kept these comments to myself at the time, I thought I would share them with you.

  1. Screenwriters treated animated movie like an audition for Broadway show version. Apparently I am not the only one who noticed:

  2. Implied message: Cleavage (in form of old stepmom Gothel) = Evil. In other words, displaying any hint of sexuality isn't virtuous. I'm all for appropriate attire, but this message seems rather prudish.
    Evil cackle + cleavage = Heavy-handed message courtesy of Disney

  3. "Eugene" is Flynn Rider's given name? Really? As if "Gene" wouldn't have been bad enough? I much prefer this bit of creativity. Flynn Rider spoof of Old Spice commercials:

  4. Naming the horse after Russell Crowe's Gladiator character? Lame.
    There's only one Maximus. End of story.

  5. Where did Rapunzel's chameleon friend Pascal come from? Why is he even necessary, aside from giving the hero a wet willy to revive him? Here's his only big moment in the entire movie:

  6. The old dude termed "short thug" in the casting needs his own spinoff. Easily the best part of the whole movie. Pardon the amateurish clip, but it's all I could find.
     
    Admittedly I have a lot of time on my hands this week, but does anyone else care to share their thoughts re: Tangled?

No comments:

Post a Comment